Wednesday, December 14, 2011

internet addiction

Seeking information, community, and escape, new moms are spending more and more time on the web. How much is too much?


http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/26/florida.grading.parents/index.html

"I think a lot of parents understand that is something that is critical," she said. "On the other hand, you have some parents that don't realize they are not providing the needs."

http://www.hfrp.org/family-involvement/publications-resources/approaches-to-parental-involvement-for-improving-the-academic-performance-of-elementary-school-children-in-grades-k-6
This report summarizes the most dependable evidence on the effect of parental involvement intervention programs for improving the academic performance of elementary school-age children. The authors show that parent involvement has a positive and significant effect on children's overall academic performance.¹

5 comments:

  1. lol. Couldn't resist making up a new name and commenting. Deep inside you know exactly who/what you are. And yes, I know what he sees. He tells me every day. To quote "I never knew what love was until you." No threats of restraining order or cops coming to my house. That's what love is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I removed it. I know who this is. You don't fool me. It's funny, almost comical. The stories that get made up. It's so similar to another story about "getting a call from one of your friends last week". I see through it. All of it. Why do you keep reading my blog if it bothers you so much? Who is the stalker here? I am a stalker cause I write on my blog and you read it? That's bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.helium.com/items/1246764-npd-narcissistic-personality-disorder-personality-disorder-negative-controlling-behaivor

    Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a condition that is caused by various (sometimes unknown) reasons. This disorder causes the affected person to have an inflated and at times, exaggerated sense of self-importance. The person also may constantly seek admiration from others, lack empathy towards others' feelings, see themselves as the "victim" in all situations where they feel that they are being attacked, and have an arrogant self assured attitude, yet have an overly sensitive and low self esteem.

    ReplyDelete